When managers are well trained, grievances and disciplinaries are smoothly dealt with, underperformance swiftly addressed, engagement and morale increased, turnover low and employees are aligned with company culture.
So much that happens as the grassroots of an organisation is influenced by managers, so developing them is fundamental. Even those finding the working environment difficult are still likely to be committed and productive if they are engaged with their line manager.
“It’s stimulating to tackle a new challenge but stepping up means stretching and testing yourself with new things. Connor gave me the space and time to think about what I needed to do to be successful.”
Why choose Connor
- Our programmes are never "off the shelf" as manager development often is. We do not process people through standard content that may not be relevant.
- Connor management training is rooted in examples from your organisation: we run diagnosis and stakeholder interviews so we really understand your challenges and can match them.
- We combine expertise in, rigorous mindset and behavioural content with skills and practical tools and techniques. This delivers positive change back within the workplace and measurable return on investment.
Management training and development
If your organisation depends on individuals promoted to manager because they are technically good at their job but lacking the skills to manage people, our resolutely practical manager training programmes are the answer. We offer two modules covering a variety of topics:
Level 1 - Introduction to management
Covering the essentials for managers with little or no management experience.
Level 2 – Intermediate management
For experienced managers continuing their development, building upon their skill set and addressing the transition to leader.
- Mindset and motivation: applies psychology and the science of goal setting in a user-friendly way to support your people in setting high goals.
- Resilience and emotional intelligence training: improves individual, team and organisation resilience so your people can thrive in an ever-changing environment.
- Leading through change: subjects include preparations for and reactions to change, communicating and motivating through change, and decision making through change. We can combine up to five elements tailored to your needs.
- Embedding – making the learning stick: personalised to participants’ needs at the end of the formal learning.
We also offer these subject areas individually.
“The managers who went on the programme are now leading their teams more effectively.”
Contact us today to discuss how we can best support your business with manager development and coaching skills for managers. We will be happy to explain the benefits for your organisation.