What is TUPE?
At times of change there may be cases when employee protection under the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) regulations (TUPE regulations) comes into effect. This might happen when a business changes owner or when a function such as IT is outsourced but the same people carry on doing the work.
- Maximum value for money. Enjoy specialist HR project management expertise at an affordable cost, paying only for what you need when you need it.
- Benefit from a senior TUPE consultant accompanying your key stakeholders at negotiations, supporting your managing directors, financial directors and board members to mitigate people risks.
- Deploy five-star communications to engage new employees and reduce risk from disruptive or uncooperative trade unions or the current owner / incumbent when transferring employees from one company to another.
- Our superb induction workshops facilitate maximum performance as quickly as possible, engender trust in a new employer and help avoid the pitfalls that lead people to leave a job in the first few months.
- Access to a breath of expertise. Alongside TUPE projects, Connor's team of experts are able to handle more strategic organisational design and change management initiatives. Working with us can give you a one-stop-shop for your entire change programme.
“Our people did not see a difference between Connor and the internal HR team. You are certainly experts in your field and you acted completely confidentially working with us in a collaborative way to ensure the project was brought to a successful conclusion.”
- Managing due diligence
- Risk management
- Employee transfer and TUPE HR planning
- Employee representatives
- Consultation and communication, including TUPE advice for employees
- Employee transfer
- Induction / onboarding
- Reduce commercial risk, particularly in the costly areas of pensions and redundancy entitlements.
- Enable strong business as usual focus at the same time change is being planned.
- We liaise with the potential buyer or acquired business on your behalf to ease data transfer.
- Improved negotiating position through a full understanding of all people-related risks.
- Increase the chances of successful and compliant delivery of your project to budget.
- Mitigate risk of ‘failure to consult’. Independence of employee rep nomination and election strengthens defence of any legal challenge.
- Complete employee transfers and TUPE arrangements without 'breach of contract' claims from payroll failures.
To find out more about what we can do for you throughout your employee transfer / TUPE process, book a call with one of our experts.