What are we looking for?
Are you an expert in talent and leadership development, looking for your next exciting challenge?
Do you have a keen interest in the consulting world, passionate about adding value across a broad range of organisations?
Have you led a delivery team, ensuring an exceptional standard of innovative content is designed and delivered to delegates?
Are you able to inspire organisations around the benefits of talent and leadership development and to shape and then sell solutions?
Are you highly self-motivated, ambitious and keen to work with a passionate team of people in a fast-growing business?
If so, then this role is for you!
We’re seeking a head of people development to join our expanding team for a one year fixed-term contract covering maternity leave. This role will be leading the people development team on an exciting growth journey. Alongside the business development director, this role will help to grow People Development as an area of expertise within Connor, to achieve £500,000 total revenue in the next financial year. It’s a flexible role and can be home based, with trips to our office in Henley-on-Thames when required, typically once a week.
At Connor we work with some of the biggest FTSE 250 names and were recently a finalist at the CIPD People Management Awards in the category of best HR/L&D Consultancy. We are entering a significant growth journey where our ambition and plan is to treble the size of the business over the next four years.
As the head of people development, your duties will be to:
- Lead the people development permanent team and circa 20 associates, ensuring the team are engaged and delivering content to clients that is world class.
- Develop a strong talent pipeline for your own team, ensuring you have the capability to deliver new work from the sales team.
- Deliver the People plan aligned to the business strategy, growing the people development expertise and enhancing our service to clients
- Grow the business by attending sales meetings as technical sales lead and meeting key clients, understanding their needs in order to scope and sell solutions
- Increase our brand awareness by being an external thought leader, attending events, writing and generating interest in Connor and what we have to offer
- Proposition architecture – ensuring our content is innovative and fit for purpose
- Delivery to key client accounts, either one-to-one coaching, running leadership development or team facilitation sessions
To be a successful head of people development you will have the following skills and experience:
- Held similar senior leadership roles in the talent and development space eg head of talent, head of L&D, senior delivery consultant
- Comfortable in a sales environment, with demonstrable experience of identifying a client need, scoping a solution and delivering to an exceptional standard
- Demonstrable experience of hands on design and delivery of many of the services offered to clients from people development (eg leadership development, team facilitation, coaching one-to-one, resilience/coaching skills development) and be able show dexterity across these services, understanding the nuances of delivering them into difference client contexts, cultures and environments
- Strong communication and influencing skills and be able to build instant credibility and strong long term relationships with stakeholders of all levels (CEO, HRD and down)
- Recognised as a thought leader in at least one of the key propositions
- Practical, pragmatic and hands on, thriving under pressure and responsibility
- Comfortable & compelling public speaker and influencer, able to promote and build a brand in external comms
- Is happy working at pace on numerous simultaneous tasks
- Must have tenacity and be able to demonstrate being able to work in ambiguity
- Enjoy working in a smart casual, flexible working environment.
- Flexible to travel to the Henley office on a weekly basis.