What are we looking for?
We are looking to recruit a talented business analyst to join our team.
As a business analyst, you'll help to manage change and plan for the future in line with company goals. You'll need to understand the current organisational situation, identify future needs and create solutions to help meet those needs, usually (but not always) in relation to information and software systems.
You'll need to demonstrate excellent understanding of the way Connor works and the sector it operates in, as you will be helping the organisation to develop its centres of expertise and service propositions to meet goals with internal and external stakeholders. You will also play a key role in communicating how IT can support the organisation's needs.
With Connor you will be a ‘big’ player in a ‘smaller’ company – the ability to make a real difference every day is yours! There is little bureaucracy at Connor, so your great ideas can easily be implemented. There is a highly professional and experienced team of people aligned with you to support you in being successful and we offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package. This company works with some of the biggest FTSE 250 names and were recently a finalist at the 2017 CIPD People Management Awards in the category of best HR/L&D Consultancy. It is entering a significant growth journey where its ambition and plan is to treble the size of the business over the next four years.
As the business analyst, your duties will be:
- To be involved in the design or modification of business systems and/or IT systemsTo interact with Connor stakeholders and subject matter experts in order to understand their problems and needs
- To gather data and documents and analyse performance giving recommendations to satisfying business needs and requirements
- Communicate with internal colleagues to understand the needs of the business
- Use data modelling to analyse and create suggestions for strategic and operational improvements and changes
- A team player in business change projects
- Research possible software solutions for increasing work efficiency
- Support project teams during the analysis and planning stages of software development
- Determining risk and returns on investments
- Creating and use of data tracking tools to aid project management
- Evaluating Key Performance Indicators
- Providing support in the contract racking & management process
- A key team member in GDPR compliance.
To be a successful business analyst you will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Business Administration or similar a plus
- Self-starter and high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand
- Experience/knowledge within an account management environment
- Early adopter of new technology
- Ability to succeed in a collaborative SME experiencing rapid growth
- At least two years' work experience in a professional services environment
- Experience running analysis using Salesforce
- Experience of creating and managing document management solutions in SharePoint
- Strong Excel skills
- Understanding of enterprise data flows and systems
- Motivated to promote change
- Self-starter who prioritises multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Strong documentation skills
- Able to lead a project from start to completion
- Able to work collaboratively and in a team environment
- The ability to work under pressure on multiple projects within your project timeframes
- A passion for creating solutions with a positive attitude to change
- Excellent analytical skills and an informed, evidence-based approach
- A strong interest in business and business development.