The NHF represents housing associations across the UK
Talk to Sue
Do you want to find out more about our outplacement services and what they cost?
NHF was restructuring its leadership team to be smaller and more strategically focused. They wanted to provide people at risk with personal coaching for an internal recruitment process.
If this process resulted in employees exiting the business, they wanted to provide each individual with personal outplacement to support them in securing their next role quickly.
Connor had provided outplacement to the NHF for a number of years and had a good understanding of their sector, people, and company culture.
We designed a flexible, personal service that maximised the amount of support available to each individual and was sensitive to the budget.
This service was delivered across the UK by a number of experienced outplacement consultants. Employees received one to one coaching support for the internal recruitment process, delivered by a personal coach matched to them on personality, organisation and sector experience.
What we did for NHF
During the internal recruitment process:
- A full briefing of the internal application process
- Self-assessments to highlight individual skill sets, achievements, strengths and weaknesses
- Assistance in writing and submitting internal applications
- Interview preparation.
For those employees who required outplacement:
- Individuals worked with their existing coaches on a peer level basis, giving them a sense of familiarity and security
- One to one outplacement support for as long as it took individuals to find their next role – there was no set number of meetings and no time duration
- Access to the online Connor career centre.
- Over half of the NHF employees who left got new roles in less than four months.
- All employees gained new skills and commercial insight to apply for and secure new roles.
- This project was a success and NHF asked us to provide a number of career coaching interventions for remaining individuals
- We continue to be a trusted outplacement partner for the NHF.
What the client said
"Connor's passion shines through and they have the ability to get under the skin of what our people are all about.
Some of our employees had been out of the job market for a long time, having a long tenure with the NHF. Connor ensured these people were equipped with the skills to succeed in today's competitive job market, giving them the confidence to find new roles."