- Needed to develop talent to drive growth now and in the future
- High churn in EMEA region
- Needed to give high-potential individuals a premium development experience
- INSPIRED Performance leadership development programme from Connor
- In-depth training and coaching aimed at developing mindset and behaviour in future leaders
- Partnership with Manchester Business School to add academic content to programme
- Increased collaboration between sales departments across EMEA
- Larger deals unlocked and new market position as a strategic partner
- Future talent in the organisation feeling invested in and valued
Building a firm foundation for the future
It’s one of the biggest concerns for any organisation – how do you ensure that you have the necessary talent to drive growth not only today, but into the future? One of the world’s largest software providers was wrestling with this challenge across their EMEA region. They’d experienced a larger-than-expected volume of staff turnover, and that had consequences for their long-term succession planning.
“We weren’t sure who would be stepping into various key roles across EMEA,” says Sue Henley, EMEA Head of Talent Development, Education & Diversity. “We needed a way to identify our high-potential individuals, and then invest in them to encourage their development into the next leaders of our organisation.”
Creating an elite development programme for high-potential employees
Though the client had experience of creating their own learning and development programmes, it was decided that for this course they wanted external support. “We needed something different to what we’d done before,” explains Sue, “and something that made the people we offered it to feel that we’d made a significant investment in their future.”
To ensure that their external investment reflected the internal investment they’d made in the project, Sue’s team initiated a rigorous tender process that Connor, along with several other organisations, took part in. From the first meeting, Sue noticed a difference in the Connor approach that she liked.
“The flexibility Connor showed was incredibly valuable to us. They were willing to develop their INSPIRED Performance content to map to our specific needs rather than provide something off the shelf.”
That content involved a comprehensive set of tools including VoicePrint, a unique 360 tool that provides insight into the different voices people use in the workplace. In the end, Connor and our INSPIRED Performance programme was selected as the partner of choice for Sue and her team.
“They were just a cut above the rest,” Sue observes. “I was blown away by Kate. She was super-talented, very genuine, and didn’t once try to sell to us. Instead she listened to our needs and then came back with a proposal that matched what we needed. Brilliant.”