Outsourcing a large recruitment project
Talk to Paul
Do you want to find out more about our HR services and what they cost?
The client wanted to double its headcount from 50 to 100 in six months. They needed to fill a wide variety of over 20 vacancies.
This recruitment activity was putting pressure on the leadership and HR teams plus the business in terms of time and costs. The objective was to use an outsourced recruitment solution that would provide them with an experienced team of recruiters with the technical expertise to use the most appropriate sourcing methods to find the best candidates, quickly and at the lowest cost.
We were selected to manage the recruitment project because of our experienced team of high volume recruiters who had HR and recruitment experience, particularly in the technology and telecoms sectors.
We owned the project and worked as an in-house recruiter, representing the client to fill in-scope vacancies as quickly and as cost-effectively as possible. Our team of specialists hit the ground running, fitting seamlessly into the company to enable the leadership and HR teams to spend less time recruiting and more time focusing on other crucial activities.
As this was volume recruitment with a wide variety of roles, our approach was centred around speed of execution, whilst maintaining high standards of quality. It was about fast delivery, getting to know the client’s culture and implementing a slick process that achieved rapid results without jeopardising quality.
What we did for the client
- We allocated an experienced volume recruitment team comprising of well-qualified and experienced recruiters and HR professionals
- We changed the size of the team when required to meet changing levels of demand
- We developed a solid understanding of the business, people and culture in order to work as one with the client and successfully hire the right candidates
- We owned the A-Z of the recruitment project, from building job descriptions, to interviews right through to offer stage
- We processed 'hot' candidates to the client within 24 hours
- We devised a selection process with fewest stages possible that identified suitable candidates speedily
- We implemented 'smart' methods of sourcing candidates in order to cut recruitment costs.
- On the back of our success the in-scope roles allocated to us increased from 24 to 38
- All in-scope roles were successfully filled within the agreed time frame
- We exceeded targets and came in at 98% of the agreed budget
- We saved an average of £2,500 per vacancy through sharp and focused negotiation of headcount signed off salaries
- Reduced cost to the business - we took over the role of HR in the recruitment process, freeing up both the leadership and HR teams' time to focus on other critical activities
- Recruitment costs were significantly reduced due to a streamlined selection process and ‘smart’ sourcing of candidates
- Our recruitment team represented the client as their internal recruitment team; they 'were' the client and as a result all candidates were handled in a professional manner that best reflected the clients' values and culture.
What the client said
"I wanted to let you know that I think this has been a very successful project. As with any project we have had our challenges but we worked through them in a very professional manner. I have had 'vendor' and 'partner' relationships in my past and this has truly been a partnership.
We could not have achieved what we did without your help and expertise. Thank you for all you have done to make this a successful project, both organisations are better off in the end. Thank you again for all you have done. Please forward our gratitude to the rest of the Connor team for their efforts with this project."
Managing director, global communications company