Blackberry is a global leader in mobile communications
Talk to Sue
Do you want to find out more about our outplacement services and what they cost?
Blackberry was undergoing a complex restructure throughout EMEA.
They wanted to provide affected employees with specialist, face to face support at two levels: senior professionals and management; and senior executives.
We were appointed because of our personal and bespoke service designed to meet the specific needs of each individual. We have specialist outplacement partners based in the required locations across EMEA.
This service was delivered across the UK by a number of experienced outplacement consultants. Employees received one to one coaching support for the internal recruitment process, delivered by a personal coach matched to them on personality, organisation and sector experience.
What we did for Blackberry
- Delivered over 30 presentations to employees at risk – free of charge
- Managed employee representative meetings to demonstrate our service to them to help communicate the support to their teams – free of charge
- Partnered with specialist outplacement companies across Europe at short notice, negotiating extremely preferential rates for Blackberry against what is usually charged locally – particularly in France and Germany
- Senior professionals and management received half a day’s face to face service. We managed a pool of extra hours to ensure those who needed extra support received it
- Senior executives received one to one outplacement support for as long as it took for them to find their next role. There were no set number of meetings and no set time duration
- All employees had access to the online Connor career centre.�
- 85% of individuals secured new jobs inside four months
- We supported over 350 Blackberry people across EMEA
- 100% of Blackberry individuals we have supported in previous restructures have secured new roles.
What the client said
"A big thank for your ongoing support to BlackBerry's turnaround over the years."
"This is unbelievably powerful and useful, thank you so much."
"I've accepted a new role. I want to thank you for all the help and support that you offered. I can definitely say that I have learned new job hunting skills that will be very useful in my career going forwards as well."
"I start my new job in London in a couple of weeks and really look forward to my new journey ahead. It wouldn’t have been possible without Connor."