Black Box is a global provider of communications products
Black Box wanted to become the world's largest technical services company. They chose to achieve this through an aggressive acquisitions strategy of data services businesses who provided structured cabling solutions.
Black Box wasn't as established in the UK as it was in the US. As such, they chose Connor to carry out due diligence of target companies. This included checking they were operating within the law from a people perspective, assessing the calibre of their people, the strength of the management team, their customer engagement readiness.
All core working practices were explored to ensure that Black Box was acquiring a business of value. We provided this project expertise on seven acquisition targets in Bromley, Cambridge, Southampton, Belfast, Hull, Barrow-in-Furness and Northampton.
We established three steps to delivering a successful acquisition from a people perspective:
- People due diligence before the acquisition
- Joint integration planning and
- Post-acquisition integration that motivates management and staff from both sides of an acquisition to work together towards new common targets.
We worked with Black Box to:
- Check target acquisitions work within statutory HR requirements
- Uncover hidden risks that may impact the success of the new enterprise
- Recommend practical actions to mitigate the risks and resolve the issues
- Accelerate the success of the new enterprise.