70% of individuals secured new jobs in less than four months, with over 95% positive feedback from candidates.
UPS was closing two UK call centres with 200 administrative staff at risk of redundancy. They wanted to provide every individual with a flexible, personal outplacement programme. The service needed to be delivered in both locations and needed to cater for the unique needs of each employee.
Connor has a range of experienced outplacement and career consultants based throughout the UK. Our outplacement service is personal and built around the particular requirements of each candidate so matched the UPS brief.
This service was delivered across the UK by a number of experienced outplacement consultants. Employees received one to one coaching support for the internal recruitment process, delivered by a personal coach matched to them on personality, organisation and sector experience.
What we did for UPS
- A one day workshop for UPS employees including topics such as: CV writing, applying for jobs, networking, managing recruitment agencies, interview tips and how to negotiate offers
- A follow up half day of one to one outplacement support at a specially developed onsite career centre
- A pooled approach to any hours that remained unused by individuals were allocated to others who required them, ensuring each person received the right level of support for them
- Six months access to the online Connor career centre.
- 70% of individuals secured new jobs in less than four months
- We received 100% engagement for outplacement workshops
- We achieved over 95% positive feedback from candidates. They responded saying that we understood their particular circumstance and what they really wanted
- We delivered the service in line with the client’s timelines and desired budget.
What the client said
"I got the job and I couldn’t have done it without you. I’m over the moon, it’s my dream job and I’m so excited!"
"Having known only UPS for the last 16 years, I felt quite nervous when attending the Connor session, but you certainly made me feel at ease. I would also like to personally thank you for your time, help and guidance."