People have a career break for many reasons, from caring for relatives to bringing up children to further study or taking a sabbatical.
With a dire skills shortage confronting many employers, people returning to work offer an invaluable pool of talent for organisations - if those organisations can properly support them as they make the transition back into professional life.
Connor has the passion and people first ethos to support organisations in attracting and retaining highly skilled returners, and to support individuals in achieving their career objectives.
Connor will build a bespoke career transition programme to help your organisation:
- Introduce the flexible and agile working practices that attract career break returners
- Facilitate networking sessions to allow returners to quickly build relationships with colleagues
- Devise customised training to bring returners up to speed so they can perform at their best
- Instil a top-down culture to dismantle the barriers facing women returning to work after maternity leave
- Support returners from parental leave in adjusting to their new identify and improve retention
- Provide specific assistance to senior women returners to help your company meet its targets for board diversity and addressing the gender pay gap.
Your individual career transition programme will include:
- Face-to-face group workshops, 1:1 coaching or both – always delivered in a time and place that suits your work pattern
- Tailored confidence-building guidance to prepare you for the new world of work
- Identifying any skills gaps or requirements for your development, including training needs
- Advice on how to manage conflicting priorities after your change in identity
- Onboarding so that you make the most productive start, and online resources for as long as you want.
Connor’s deep expertise comes from supporting people through life transitions every day in the work we do. From returning from maternity leave or sabbatical leave to career breaks, whatever your situation - we can help.